Friday, June 17, 2011

Test Date: 6/22/11 (Wednesday)

This Wednesday will be the test date to see if everything works. I am hoping to have everything set up by 1:30 AM Central Standard Time (UST -6) and will go on for...9 hours or so if all goes well. Won't be releasing the ritual to get in until Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning.

Gensokyo will be worked on tonight, going to use the image below for the layout. The inside of the buildings will be decided whoever gets there first. First timers will start off at the Hakurei Shrine and make their way to their desired spot. I will not be adding vicious, flesh hungry youkai other than the Touhous. However, if someone were to say, dream that there were some lurking the woods, it will be fine. Remember that this will be a dream, so if you think walking is too slow, you can always fly. You can also dream that you are a little girl and you have an  invitation to a Tea Party at the Touhou group of your choice. All you have to do is remind yourself that death means you are removed from the dream and will have to re-enter. In theory anyway.

I am worried about the inclusion of all the Touhous, so I am tempted to just let the users add their favorite Touhous. The only problem is having duplicates (I know there is concern about being NTR'd.)  I can't have Akyuu keep up with that since that is not her intended purpose and I am positive that I cannot have 2 function servitors at once, it's too draining. I'll leave it up for a discussion/poll. I don't really have a surefire way of tallying votes other than /jp/ or finding a way for anonymous voting. I'll work on it and edit the post when it's up to snuff.

Edit: Leave a comment, anonymous can now comment on everything. Just a simple "Yes" or "No" when concerning dreamer created Touhous. Also feel free to leave opinions on any post. Forgot the picture as well.

6 comments:

  1. Much like a server for an MMO, it may be necessary for there to be more than one moderator. Could you find someone reliable enough, perhaps a second Servitor could be established to serve as a controller for Touhou creation. Unfortunately, I am all-together unfamiliar with the method in use to create this world, so I don't know if such a thing is possible. Or allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would make a second servitor, but just supplying Akyuu with energy over the last day or so has been exhausting. It's akin to having all of your energy and motivation sapped. Maybe once I get this working (or she does) I can add a second.

    Also, anyone can bring their own servitor, I posted a guide on how to make one earlier. I am not worried about another taking over the dream world. I made the Akyuu servitor have complete control over everything but the moderation of creation. People can still add whatever, but Akyuu can expel them from the world. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm much more fascinated in the environment then the characters, not to mention my view on the more well known inhabitants is more boring than others (IE they arent all sluts, etc). Each creating their own rendetion of a particular person is going to get messy.

    Also; how are you able to make the world that large? its going to be quite a feat to put any detail in to it, unless its the sort of thing that gets drawn and coloured in by whatever individual that visits that area, so you'll get an odd patchwork of styles, unless the perception of a particular area varies on the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the best example of this would be Minecraf Multiplayer. There is the admin that creates the world, and the players fill it with life and buildings. Once it starts and everyone gets in, I am assuming many's first actions will be to find their favorites and take it easy near there. It will be free formation, so let's say Anon A gets to spot X and decides they want to make a Tavern that can attract Touhou J. Anon B cannot change spot X, but if they make Spot Y out of their own dreams and desires. However, a Touhou haven such as Eientei will be unchangable other than a dreamer's room inside.

    Sorry if it seems I'm rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like you're setting up a pretty long-term thing there, don't think that's going to work out too well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worse case scenario is that it doesn't work and I have a full dream world to myself. Best case is that it works and /jp/ anons are able to visit Gensokyo and interact with their favorite characters/waifus.

    If Gensokyo does not work out, I may fall back and do /jp/ manor or something similar.

    ReplyDelete